Monday 5 December 2016
We are pleased to announce the availability of Scala 2.12.1!
Significant changes since 2.12.0 include:
- #5516 Improved runtime speed for Vector, restoring previous performance
- #5509 SI-10032 Fix code gen with returns in nested try-finally blocks
- #5482 Fix 2.12 regression, backend crash: Cannot create ClassBType from non-class symbol; also fix SI-7139
- #5469 SI-10020 SI-10027 Scaladoc: keep Java comment scanning stack-friendly
- #5376 Make -Xexperimental features available separately
- #5284 SI-7046 partial fix to knownDirectSubclasses for reflection users and macro authors
#5410 Upgrade to scala-xml 1.0.6
As usual for minor releases, Scala 2.12.1 is binary compatible with the whole Scala 2.12 series.
A big thank you to everyone who’s helped improve Scala by reporting bugs, improving our documentation, spreading kindness in discussions around Scala, and submitting and reviewing pull requests! You are all magnificent.
git shortlog -sn --no-merges v2.12.0..v2.12.1, 28 people contributed to this minor release: A. P. Marki, Jason Zaugg, Lukas Rytz, Seth Tisue, Adriaan Moors, Stefan Zeiger, Dale Wijnand, Miles Sabin, Daniel Barclay, Pap Lőrinc, Iulian Dragos, Rex Kerr, Sakthipriyan Vairamani, Kenji Yoshida, Jakob Odersky, Mohit Agarwal, Paul Kernfeld, Pavel Petlinsky, Boris Korogvich, Sébastien Doeraene, Tim Spence, Viktor Klang, Vladimir Glushak, Chris Okasaki, Lifu Huang, Janek Bogucki, Martijn Hoekstra, Masaru Nomura.
Scala 2.12 Notes
The release notes for Scala 2.12.0 have important information applicable to the whole 2.12 series.
Scala releases are available through a variety of channels, including (but not limited to):