Thursday 5 March 2015
With pride and a pang of nostalgia, we announce the availability of Scala 2.10.5 – the last release in the 2.10.x series.
We’d like to encourage you to upgrade to 2.11.6 as soon as possible. (Please note that this announcement does not affect Typesafe’s commercial support offering.)
Scala 2.10.5 is the final maintenance release in this series, and is binary compatible with previous releases in the Scala 2.10 series. We would like to highlight the following change:
The current release of Scala IDE supports any 2.10.x release, and is available on the download site.
Changes since 2.10.4
- SI-7710 fix memory performance of RegexParsers in jdk7u6+ (fceae7084c)
- SI-8589 Performance improvement for ArrayCharSequence.toString (099a426dd6)
- SI-8689 Avoid internal error in Promise after sequence of completions (bf20737faa)
- SI-8787 Backport Regex doc (887622759d)
- SI-4339 Event errors and attribute fix (fe7867f8a7)
- SI-9027 xml parser fix (736293ab09)
- SI-9060 Backpatch fifth-edition names (b4e3becbf3)
- SI-7753 substitution broken for dependent types (2f5ff595fd)
- SI-7756 Uncripple refchecks in case bodies (0022dccfde)
- SI-8442 Ignore stub annotation symbols in
- SI-8596 Fix rangepos crasher with defaults, poly methods (d288790429)
- SI-8479 Fix constructor default args under scaladoc (c4561c1d49)
- Scaladoc js location synch more robust (f95b5b9b80)
- SI-7470 implements fundep materialization (0c5dd9e02f)
- SI-8196 Runtime reflection robustness for STATIC impl details (7b72f95a9e)
- -Xfundep-materialization => -Yfundep-materialization (5966a11ae1)
- transformers no longer ignore UnApply.fun (36379cf8af)
- no longer warns on calls to vampire macros (db300d4d9e)
- typecheck(q”class C”) no longer crashes (3314d76ceb)
Release Notes for the Scala 2.10 Series
The release notes for the Scala 2.10 series, which also apply to the current minor release, are available in the release notes for Scala 2.10.4. They contain important information such as:
- The specification of binary compatibility between minor releases.
- Details on new features, important changes and deprecations in Scala 2.10.
A big thank you to everyone who’s helped improve Scala by reporting bugs, improving our documentation, spreading kindness in mailing lists and other public fora, and submitting and reviewing pull requests! You are all magnificent.
git shortlog -sn --no-merges v2.10.4..v2.10.5, the following people contributed to this minor release:
Jason Zaugg, Eugene Burmako, A. P. Marki, Adriaan Moors, Grzegorz Kossakowski, Antoine Gourlay, Jeroen ter Voorde, Kato Kazuyoshi, Miles Sabin, and Viktor Klang. Thank you!