Are you looking for another release of Scala?
Release NotesFor a summary of important changes, see the GitHub release notes.
(Or consult our archive of older release notes.)
Ways to Install This Release
cs install scala:2.12.0-RC2 && cs install scalac:2.12.0-RC2.
Download the Scala binaries for
Need help running the binaries?
- Download and use Scala with IntelliJ and then build a project, then test it.
- Using SDKMAN!, you can easily install
specific versions of Scala on any platform with
sdk install scala 2.13.10
- On macOS you can also use Homebrew and existing Scala
brew install scala
- With MacPorts, you can get Scala using
sudo port install scala2.xcommand.
For example to install Scala 2.12 simply use
sudo port install scala2.12
- Get Ammonite, a popular Scala REPL
You can find the installer download links for other operating systems, as well as documentation and source code archives for Scala 2.12.0-RC2 below.
|scala-2.12.0-RC2.tgz||Mac OS X, Unix, Cygwin||19.24M|
|scala-2.12.0-RC2.msi||Windows (msi installer)||117.88M|
You can find the links to prior versions or the latest development version below. To see a detailed list of changes for each version of Scala please refer to the changelog.
Note that different major releases of Scala 2 (e.g. Scala 2.11.x and Scala 2.12.x) are not binary compatible with each other. Scala 3 minor releases (e.g. 3.0.x and 3.1.x) follow a different compatibility model .
- Current 3.3.x LTS release:
- Scala 3.3.0 - Released on May 30, 2023
- Current 2.13.x release:
- Scala 2.13.10 - Released on October 13, 2022
- Latest 2.12.x maintenance release:
- Scala 2.12.17 - Released on September 16, 2022
- Last 2.11.x maintenance release:
- Scala 2.11.12 - Released on November 9, 2017
- Last 2.10.x maintenance release:
- Scala 2.10.7 - Released on November 9, 2017
- Nightly builds
- All Scala releases
The Scala 2.12.0-RC2 distribution is released under the 3-clause BSD license.