This page is no longer maintained — Please continue to the home page at www.scala-lang.org

ScalaDoc incorrect: Stack reverse returns a Seq

4 replies
treetrouble
Joined: 2009-01-31,
User offline. Last seen 42 years 45 weeks ago.

Stack.reverse returns the correct elements in a Seq, the doc says it returns
a Stack

http://www.scala-lang.org/docu/files/api/scala/collection/immutable/Stac...
doc

treetrouble
Joined: 2009-01-31,
User offline. Last seen 42 years 45 weeks ago.
ScalaDoc incorrect: Stack reverse returns a Seq

Stack.reverse appears to be calling Seq.reverse

http://www.scala-lang.org/docu/files/api/scala/collection/immutable/Stac...
doc

Jorge Ortiz
Joined: 2008-12-16,
User offline. Last seen 29 weeks 3 days ago.
Re: ScalaDoc incorrect: Stack reverse returns a Seq
immutable.Stack.reverse returns an immutable.Stack

mutable.Stack.reverse returns a Seq

http://www.scala-lang.org/docu/files/api/scala/collection/mutable/Stack.html

--j

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 6:25 PM, treetrouble <ari [dot] russo [at] gmail [dot] com> wrote:

Stack.reverse appears to be calling Seq.reverse

http://www.scala-lang.org/docu/files/api/scala/collection/immutable/Stack.html#top
doc

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/ScalaDoc-incorrect%3A-Stack-reverse-returns-a-Seq-tp21759110p21759110.html
Sent from the Scala - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


treetrouble
Joined: 2009-01-31,
User offline. Last seen 42 years 45 weeks ago.
Re: ScalaDoc incorrect: Stack reverse returns a Seq

Ah, thank you! Do you know why it's like that?

Jorge Ortiz-3 wrote:
>
> immutable.Stack.reverse returns an immutable.Stack
>
> mutable.Stack.reverse returns a Seq
>
> http://www.scala-lang.org/docu/files/api/scala/collection/mutable/Stack....
>
> --j
>
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 6:25 PM, treetrouble wrote:
>
>>
>> Stack.reverse appears to be calling Seq.reverse
>>
>>
>> http://www.scala-lang.org/docu/files/api/scala/collection/immutable/Stac...
>> doc
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://www.nabble.com/ScalaDoc-incorrect%3A-Stack-reverse-returns-a-Seq-...
>> Sent from the Scala - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>>
>
>

Jorge Ortiz
Joined: 2008-12-16,
User offline. Last seen 29 weeks 3 days ago.
Re: ScalaDoc incorrect: Stack reverse returns a Seq
Inherent limitations in how the collections library is implemented.

This kind of problem will most probably get resolved once the collections library uses higher-kinded types (so, Scala 2.8.0).

--j

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 9:17 AM, treetrouble <ari [dot] russo [at] gmail [dot] com> wrote:

Ah, thank you!  Do you know why it's like that?


Jorge Ortiz-3 wrote:
>
> immutable.Stack.reverse returns an immutable.Stack
>
> mutable.Stack.reverse returns a Seq
>
> http://www.scala-lang.org/docu/files/api/scala/collection/mutable/Stack.html
>
> --j
>
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 6:25 PM, treetrouble <ari [dot] russo [at] gmail [dot] com> wrote:
>
>>
>> Stack.reverse appears to be calling Seq.reverse
>>
>>
>> http://www.scala-lang.org/docu/files/api/scala/collection/immutable/Stack.html#top
>> doc
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://www.nabble.com/ScalaDoc-incorrect%3A-Stack-reverse-returns-a-Seq-tp21759110p21759110.html
>> Sent from the Scala - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>>
>
>

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/ScalaDoc-incorrect%3A-Stack-reverse-returns-a-Seq-tp21759110p21766009.html
Sent from the Scala - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Copyright © 2012 École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Lausanne, Switzerland