- About Scala
- In the Enterprise
- Scala Community
- Language Research
- In the Press
- The Scala Team
- Scala's Prehistory
- Contact Us
- Learning Scala
- Tour of Scala
- Scala API
- Setup & Getting Started
- Programming Guides
- Other Guides
- Code Examples
- Scala Developers
Eclipse IDE for Scala beta10 for Scala 2.9 and 2.8 is out
Tue, 2011-09-13, 16:21
We are happy to announce that the beta10 release of the Eclipse IDE for Scala is ready for download! This release comes in two flavors: the 2.9.1 version, and the 2.8.2-SNAPSHOT version.
The 2.8 compiler shipped with this version of the plugin is based on the development branch of 2.8.2, and is fully binary compatible with 2.8.1. It contains the same improvements to the presentation compiler as the 2.9 version, and a number of bug fixes related to Java signatures.
Also note that the 2.9.1 compiler shipped with this version of the plugin is fully binary compatile with 2.9.0-1.
- new SBT-based builder with inter-project dependencies. The default builder remains 'refined', but you can enable the SBT builder in Eclipse -> Preferences -> Scala -> Compiler -> Build manager. Read more: http://scala-ide-portfolio.assembla.com/spaces/scala-ide/wiki/SBT-based_...
- better integration of mixed Scala/Java project (no more spurious errors when Java classes call Scala classes that contain annotations).
- new field in Compiler preferences for additional command line parameters, cleanup of compiler options.
- new "Show Inferred Semicolons" feature. Read more: http://scala-ide-portfolio.assembla.com/wiki/show/scala-ide/Show_Inferre...
- syntax colouring for new REPL view.
- stop inappropriate Java save actions firing on Scala source.
- corrected cursor's positioning after asking completion.
- better navigation and occurrences highlighting when clicking on `import` clauses.
- Error Log is not in the default Scala perspective anymore.
A list of fixed tickets for this release is available here:
You can install the new release by pointing Eclipse to the following update site:
for the 2.9.1 version: http://download.scala-ide.org/releases-29/2.0.0-beta
for the 2.8.2-SNAPSHOT version: http://download.scala-ide.org/releases-28/2.0.0-beta
Other releases can be found at:
Both plugins are ensured to work with Eclipse 3.6 (Helios), which is currently the officially supported
Eclipse platform for the Scala IDE. Support for Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo) is experimental.