- About Scala
- In the Enterprise
- Scala Community
- Language Research
- In the Press
- The Scala Team
- Scala's Prehistory
- Contact Us
- Learning Scala
- Tour of Scala
- Scala API
- Setup & Getting Started
- Programming Guides
- Other Guides
- Code Examples
- Scala Developers
Eclipse IDE for Scala beta09 for Scala 2.9 and 2.8 is out
Thu, 2011-07-21, 13:13
We are happy to announce that the beta09 release of the Eclipse IDE for Scala is ready for download!
This release comes in two flavors: the 2.9.0-1 version, and the 2.8.2-SNAPSHOT version.
The 2.8 compiler shipped with this version of the plugin is based on the development branch of 2.8.2,
and is fully binary compatible with 2.8.1. It contains the same improvements to the presentation compiler
as the 2.9 version, and a number of bug fixes related to Java signatures.
- better breakpoint support (fixes errors when setting breakpoints in traits coming from external libraries).
- better completions (works in many more situations, such as partially typed method names).
- better diagnostics ('no completions at all syndrome') and re-setting the Java completions flag.
- better integration with Eclipse. When clicking a scala classfile on a stack trace report, the scala file editor
will be correctly opened and functionalities such as navigation and setting breakpoint just work.
- moved Scala completions to its own category (instead of Java Proposals). This eliminates a source of
incompatibilities with the Mylyn plugin. Now you can enable/disable Scala completions from Preferences,
Java/Editor/ContentAssist/Advanced Scala Completions and Scala Completions (Java sources).
- added package object wizard.
A list of fixed tickets for this release is available here:
You can install the new release by pointing Eclipse to the following update site:
for the 2.9.0-1 version: http://download.scala-ide.org/releases-29/2.0.0-beta
for the 2.8.2 version: http://download.scala-ide.org/releases-28/2.0.0-beta
Other releases can be found at:
As all previous releases, both plugins require Eclipse 3.6 (Helios).