- About Scala
- In the Enterprise
- Scala Community
- Language Research
- In the Press
- The Scala Team
- Scala's Prehistory
- Contact Us
- Learning Scala
- Tour of Scala
- Scala API
- Setup & Getting Started
- Programming Guides
- Other Guides
- Code Examples
- Scala Developers
Tech Mesh - The Alternative Programming Conference London 2012
Created by Violeta on 2012-11-20. Updated: 2012-11-20, 17:33
Tech Mesh, the Alternative Programming Conference, is happening in London between the 4th and 6th of December. Focus is on Scala, Haskell, Erlang, Clojure and alongside other emerging, non mainstream technologies. With 8 tracks over two days, the lineup of speakers is amazing!
Please see the list of talks & tutorials focused on programming with Scala:
- Real-world scaling with Scala & Akka - Kevin Wright
- Making most of Scala - Jan Machacek
- Big Data & Quirrel - Miles Sabin
- The Seductions of Scala - Dean Wampler
Come meet the Functional Programming masters at Tech Mesh. There will be three keynotes:
- Haskell: practical as well as cool - joint keynote by co-inventors of Haskell Simon Peyton Jones, Philip Wadler and John Hughes
- 183 Years of Programming - joint keynote by co-inventors of Erlang Joe Armstrong, Robert Virding and Mike Williams
- The Language of the System - Rich Hickey, author of the Clojure programming language and designer of the Datomic database system will talk about the roles emergent languages play in the system as a whole, their characteristics, and the choices involved, drawing analogies to the facilities programming languages and their runtimes provide.
Over 50 speakers will be giving talks on Scala Erlang, OTP, Akka, Raspberry Pi, F#, Haskell, Go, OCaml and much more. We also have tutorials on Scala, Erlang, Akka and OTP. See the full schedule here.
This week only you can get your ticket for Tech Mesh at a 20% discount. All you need to do is register through our website and enter the promotion code TECHMESH_FRIEND. Register here.